Where did the summer go? (Where did the year go!?) If you’ve been pushing, pushing, pushing to meet those year-end goals, you might be feeling burned out right now. Things start to get messy when you’re constantly in hustle mode and that’s not good for you, your business, your clients or your life.
If you know me at all, you know how important tidiness is to me–both in my business and at home. I did an episode (ep.72) about spring cleaning your business, but the idea has stuck with me. I’ve been feeling a little spread too thin recently, as my business has grown, and I really started feeling like something needed to change.
I think it’s important to be more intentional about what you’re doing in your business, day to day. Even if you’re not feeling burned out, it might be time to recharge. I recently did just that and it’s made a huge difference in my productivity and my business.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How growing a business is a lot like growing a giant pumpkin (really!)
- How to ask yourself the right questions to get the weeds out of your business
- Little things you can do today to help you feel more alive in your business and in life
- Why taking a step back can help you realign your business to why you started it in the first place
- The difference between a result and a to-do in your business
- How to determine what you can let go of in your business
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Episode 72: Spring Cleaning Your Life and Business
- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- 17 Questions that Changed My Life by Tim Ferriss
- Annette Sepanian Facebook Page
QUOTABLE MOMENTS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Are the actions I’m thinking of taking getting me closer to the result I’m after?
- Instead of adding to your life and business, what can you take away?
- When you know what you’re after, removing the stuff [you don’t really need in your business] is so much easier.
- Sometimes you need to slow down in order to speed up.
- Click here to join the conversation over on Instagram.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review by clicking here. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.