From speaking on-stage to recording videos for social media and team meetings, public speaking is a vital skill for any entrepreneur – and you too can learn how to become a better speaker!
In this episode, I’m talking with speaking coach and speechwriter, Helena Bowen. We talk about some (very big) misconceptions about learning to become a better public speaker, including the double-edged sword that is your slides, and the #1 skill you need to improve to be a better public speaker.
CHECK OUT THE EPISODE
Subscribe to the show on iTunes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Helena transitioned from the demands of Hollywood to producing TED & TEDx talks.
- The unexpected skill that makes people fantastic speakers.
- #1 thing to focus on when preparing a speech.
- Why “perfect speakers” are out-of-style.
- How having a powerful speech can change every aspect of your marketing for your business.
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte
- Helena Bowen’s website
- Speaker Agreement Contract Template
- Join me over on Instagram.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review by clicking here. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Stitcher.