Do you have the next blockbuster idea?
Are you itching to get your products in front of the likes of Mr. Wonderful and Mark Cuban on Shark Tank?
Well, I can’t tell you how to get on the show, but I can tell you that if you have a product, invention, method, or something that you think is a pretty unique idea and you pitch it to the sharks – they almost always ask if the contestant has applied for a patent.
The topic of patents can be super confusing so in this episode I’m chatting all about it with patent attorney, Karima Gulick.
After listening you’ll have a much clearer idea about what patents are, who needs to be considering them, what the patent filing process looks like and much more.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- What are the different types of patents and whether you should consider applying for one
- When is the right time to look at pursuing a patent
- What questions to ask a patent lawyer and how to prepare for this initial consultation
- What you need to consider in terms of the timeline to get a patent approved (it’s much longer than you may think)!
- What can be done if you find someone is copying your product or process after you have filed for the patent, but before it’s approved
CONNECT WITH HER AT
- Website: http://thepatentlady.com; https://kgulick.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/karimagulick
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karimagulick/
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.