In this episode, I’m shaking things up a bit and have not just one, but two guests! Leah Weinberg, the founder of Color Pop Events is an event and wedding planner based in New York City and Debbie Orwat is a former planner and venue owner, and currently runs Planner’s Lounge – an online resource for wedding and event planners.
I asked them on to show to take a walk down memory lane with me about how they each got started and what obstacles they faced in doing so. As you’ll hear, both ladies have a wealth of knowledge to share.
Even if wedding and event planning isn’t your niche, don’t dismiss this episode. You just might find a little nugget here that you can apply to your own business and industry!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The common misconceptions that new planners have about the industry
- Ways you can build your clientele and consistently generate new leads
- Tips and strategies around pricing your services so you’re not working for peanuts
- What to consider when scaling your business and growing a team
- What’s on the horizon for the wedding and event planning industry
CONNECT WITH THEM AT
Leah Weinberg of Color Pop Events
- Website: https://www.colorpopevents.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/colorpopevents/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/colorpopevents
Debbie Orwat of Planner’s Lounge
- Website: https://plannerslounge.com/
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/plannerslounge
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlannersLounge
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Debbie’s Book, Pricing With Confidence: Secrets of Profitable Pricing and Services for Professional Wedding Planners
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.