If you’re a contractor or business owner that does business in California, you may have heard about the new law on how to classify an Independent Contractor that goes into effect on January 1st, 2020.
Not sure if the new law applies to you?
Check out this episode, where we chat with employment lawyer and previous Office Talk guest, Jenny Wiegley, about all of the new changes, who they apply to, and what to do next.
CHECK OUT THE EPISODE
Subscribe to the show on iTunes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- A brief history of the significant changes that have been happening for Independent Contractors and Employees in California
- How California has changed how they classify Independent Contractors (the ABC test)
- The specifics of the new law that goes into effect on January 1st, 2020 that impacts many Independent Contractors and businesses that live or do business in California
- Factors to consider if you want or need to turn your Independent Contractors into Employees, and why there’s no template for it.
- What to do next if you think the new California law will impact your business. (Take the risk or not?)
- Clarification on who IS and IS NOT affected by the new California law (in very simple terms)
- Options for business owners that may be affected by the new California law (you don’t have to hire all your Independent Contractors as full-time employees!)
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Click here to join the conversation over on Instagram.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review by clicking here. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Stitcher.