Have you ever wanted to get paid to be creative? In this episode of the Office Talk podcast, I’m chatting with Bonnie Christine Forkner – an artist, a fabric designer and a teacher who has made a living creating her art and she’s sharing her story of how she got there with you!
You’ll hear Bonnie’s evolution about how she went from working in her mom’s fabric shop to making an amazing living licensing her products, teaching her secrets, and building a beautiful community of other designers who are interested in surface pattern design.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Bonnie got into such a unique career of surface pattern design and the moment she realized this was for her
- What a signature style is and why it’s so important to have one in the design world
- The role that patience has played in the building her career and her biggest piece of advice for someone launching an online brand
- Where the opportunities are to monetize your work and what to consider when licensing your products
- Why Bonnie shares her expertise so openly with others and how she views competition
CONNECT WITH HER AT
- Website: https://bonniechristine.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/goinghometoroost/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/goinghometoroost
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Get a Merchandising and Artwork Licensing Agreement Contract Template
- Get on the Waiting List for Bonnie’s Immersion Course
- Join her Roost Tribe Membership*Visit Bonnie’s website and sign up for her email list to be notified of the upcoming Answer the Call live event taking place in New Orleans on October 4th, 2018
- Join me over on Instagram.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Stitcher.