A great way to grow your business and your audience is to monetize your existing content through licensing deals with other companies (totally a win-win!).
Is a verbal agreement, maybe an email, enough in these situations?
A solid, detailed licensing agreement is what you need to ensure you retain ownership of your designs, while monetizing your work with more than one partner.
In this episode, we cover the basics of licensing and the most important items to understand when it comes to licensing agreements. Whether you’re just starting out with licensing or you’ve been doing it for years, check out this episode to learn more about the essentials of licensing.
CHECK OUT THE EPISODE
Note: For captions, click on the closed caption option in the footer of video.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- What licensing is exactly and how it relates to copyrights.
- Key terms you’ll find in a licensing agreement.
- The various ways you can customize licensing permissions (time, location, and languages, oh my!).
- Where you can get an affordable, attorney-drafted licensing contract template with step-by-step instructions.
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Join me on Instagram.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review by clicking here. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Stitcher.