Let’s talk about investments in your business. Hopefully you started your business with the intention of being profitable, otherwise you’re running a hobby. It’s important to remember that no business can truly grow and succeed without investing in it.
I know it’s hard. I get it. Putting time and money into your business is tough, especially since you’re already spending so much time working in your business. You want to make sure you get a return on your investment. That it helps you grow or be more profitable.
I’m here to tell you that when you make an investment, it can transform you. Something shifts and changes when you value yourself and your business and put yourself out there. It lights a fire under you because you just make it work. In this episode, I’m talking about three investments you should be making in your business to become more profitable and, frankly, a better business owner overall. And they’re not all financial investments, so if that’s something that’s holding you back…don’t let it!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- What investments will truly help you grow and move the bottom line–and why
- Why investments can (and should) be both financial and non-financial
- What the very first investment is that every business owner needs to make (I’m sure this will come as no surprise to anyone)
- Why you do need to make financial investments if you want to get the most out of them
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Contract Templates
- QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: What to Really Ask Yourself to Eliminate Blame
- Podcast Episodes related to Contracts
QUOTABLE MOMENTS FROM THIS EPISODE
- [2:31] “When I DO make an investment, there’s a transformation that happens, an elevation.
- [3:29] When you get something for free, versus when you pay for it, you don’t appreciate the free stuff as much. It’s when you pay for it…that’s when you show up as your best self.
- [6:08] As my dad, a CPA always says, It’s not about how much money you make, it’s about how you manage the money you have.”
- [9:57] “Long-term business success doesn’t exist in a silo.”
- Join me over on Instagram
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review by clicking here. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Stitcher.