Have you ever wanted to take an extended break from your business? Maybe go on vacation, or a sabbatical, or even on maternity leave?
Then this episode is for you!
I’m sharing how I’m preparing for my upcoming maternity leave, including key ways I’m ensuring that my business can run without me.
CHECK OUT THE EPISODE
Subscribe to the show on iTunes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The most important question to ask yourself BEFORE you start planning time away from your business. (Answer this first, or the following tips will be meaningless.)
- Tip #1: Start preparing even before you’re ready (it’s never too soon!)
- Tip #2: Have a clear communication plan with your support team (How? When? Why?)
- Tip #3: Set clear deadlines + plan to have all your professional commitments complete a few weeks BEFORE you time away starts. (Bonus tip: work backward when setting due dates)
- Tip #4: Look at the numbers, cut expenses where you can, + save in advance for inconsistent income flow (Bonus tip: ask if you can pause certain subscriptions instead of canceling them – you might be surprised!)
- Tip #5: Automate your expenses (keep the lights on, my friend)
- Tip #6: Include important info your current + potential clients may need in your email autoresponder
- Tip #7: Create + pre-schedule content in advance (keep it consistent!)
- Join me on Instagram.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review by clicking here. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- You can also catch the show on Stitcher.